BRUNSWICK, Maine – The University of Maine at Augusta outdoor track & field teams competed in the first track and field meet in program history on Saturday at Whittier Field and Farley Field House at Bowdoin College.
The Moose were able to score on both sides in the 100m and 200m on the track with Abby Haskell and Sam Gerken both finishing 5th in a competitive field. Freshman Christian Alley had a strong start after being out since his senior indoor season and is looking to improve as the season progresses. UMA thrower Charlene Beringer put the Moose on the board with a with place in the shot throwing 8.09m. Jacob Jones finished 5th is discus with a toss of 25.77m to finish the meet.
Men: 1. Bowdoin (155), 2. Colby (30), 3. Unity (20), 4. Maine Maritime (12), 5. Maine-Augusta (11)
Women: 1. USM (104), 2. Bowdoin (98), 3. Colby (60), 4. Unity (10), 5. Maine-Augusta (3)
Women's Meet Highlights
- Abby Haskell finished 5th in both the 100m (14.52) and 200m (30.64)
- Charlene Beringer finished 5th in the Shot Put (8.09m)
Men's Meet Highlights
- Avi Leblanc threw 38.085 in the Javelin
- Jacob Jones finished 5th in the discus (25.77m)
- Sam Gerken finished 5th in the 100m (12.13) and the 200m (24.12)
The Moose travel to Waterville on Sunday April 14th to compete in the Thomas College Small School Open at the Colby track.